Organic Spinach Ribbons Topped With Smoked Mozzarella

Organic Spinach Ribbons Topped With Smoked Mozzarella
ORGANIC SPINACH RIBBONS DRESSED WITH MY HOMEMADE FRESH HERB / FETA MARINARA & WHOLE ORGANIC MUSHROOMS - SPRINKLED WITH GRATED FRESH SMOKED MOZZARELLA

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ohhhh, What A Night!

Hey!
Do ya'll remember that song?  I know I am SO dating myself (lol) but I always loved that song.

What a fun food-filled day with my handsome husband Chris and his family!  It's always so good for the ego to serve family - I mean....really....what are they going to say?  "Wow, this could give ALPO a run for its money?"  I say this in fun because my family are followers  ....wait, maybe they're just followers because they want me to cook for them again!  (lol)

Lunch was sandwiches.  Now by sandwiches I do not mean slap some bologna on some white bread with store brand mayo.  No ma'am.  By sandwiches I mean homemade bread with homemade guacamole and smoked turkey salad speared with organic grape tomatoes.  Fresh fruit salad dusted with brown sugar hung out with the sandwiches.
( pics tomorrow)

Pre-dinner appetizer - a feta cheese ball with carrots & snap peas. (feta, cream cheese, NY super sharp cheddar, pepper, garlic powder, scallions & Weber's chicken grill seasoning.  No, I did not use a grill to make the cheese ball - I just "pushed the parsley!"   Hmmmm - maybe I could invent "the grilled cheese ball." I mean, there's grilled cheese, right?  Hmmmm - I'm envisioning the fire department pulling up at our Bed & Breakfast.  "Ma'am....we're here to put out the cheese ball."

Dinner  - organic spinach ribbons & extra wide egg noodles topped with basil brown gravy chicken & smoked mozzarella.  Hearts of Romaine dressed tossed with olive oil, garlic wine vinegar, salt, pepper & garlic powder hung out with the entree tonight.  Oh, also basil & pepper bread twists.  Sadly, I just realized I did not take a picture of dinner.  No worries - I'll make it again!

We're supposed to get up to 3" of snow tomorrow (ROCK & ROLL BAYBEEE!!) so I'm going to be snuggled in with Chris and our "kids" - Molly, Noel, Dasher, Ping, Pong & Matilda - and I'll become a cooking fool!

It's a perfect time to experiment with "new" foods - we are in low season right now for our Bed & Breakfast and it's really the best time to (a) blow a stove up, (b) infuse the house with the smell of seafood gumbo or (c)  burn batch after batch of blueberry muffins until I get them JUST right.  Me and blueberry muffins - we need to get in a boxing ring.

On that note - good night all!  'Till Tomorrow!

Always "Push The Parsley!"
 ~ A Girl Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment