Organic Spinach Ribbons Topped With Smoked Mozzarella

Organic Spinach Ribbons Topped With Smoked Mozzarella
ORGANIC SPINACH RIBBONS DRESSED WITH MY HOMEMADE FRESH HERB / FETA MARINARA & WHOLE ORGANIC MUSHROOMS - SPRINKLED WITH GRATED FRESH SMOKED MOZZARELLA

Monday, January 17, 2011

My Low Carb Day - Day 1 (01.17.11)

So I've started this low carb "thing."  Why?  Well, I'm trying to prevent myself from looking like MADEA.

That being said, today has gone like this:

Breakfast:  Turkey Bacon (cooked stove top and sprinkled with fresh cracked pepper & garlic powder) - it is crispy and slap-yo-mamma good.  + Scrambled Eggs - seasoned with salt & pepper - not too exciting.

Lunch:  Hearts of Romaine tossed with olive oil, garlic wine vinegar, sea salt, garlic powder, fresh lemon juice and fresh cracked pepper.  I sauteed Smart Chicken tenders in the same ingredients as above (sans the garlic wine vinegar and lemon juice).  I sprinkled some sliced organic tomatoes, diced English cucumbers & feta cheese and ....my stomach sang.

Snack:  Protein Shake:  1 cup soy milk, 1/2 cup low fat vanilla yogurt, 1 cup frozen / thawed no sugar added strawberries & ice.  It was really, really good!

Dinner:  Kansas City Strip Steak with my homemade marinade (read my Blog Post entitled "Dinner Tonite . 01.17.11 for the recipe!) with some brilliantly green broccoli.  I made fresh parsley rice for my husband and I had hearts of romaine tossed with olive oil, garlic wine vinegar,sea salt, fresh lemon juice and fresh cracked pepper.  I must tell you....my marinade is what turns steak into sinfully good steak!!

Would I like to eat some fresh out of the oven sourdough bread slathered with butter right now?  Absolutely!
Will I?  No.  I'm going to be good and I'm going to keep cooking!

"Always Push The Parsley!"
 ~ A Girl Can Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment