Organic Spinach Ribbons Topped With Smoked Mozzarella

Organic Spinach Ribbons Topped With Smoked Mozzarella
ORGANIC SPINACH RIBBONS DRESSED WITH MY HOMEMADE FRESH HERB / FETA MARINARA & WHOLE ORGANIC MUSHROOMS - SPRINKLED WITH GRATED FRESH SMOKED MOZZARELLA

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Oscar Worthy ~ Roasted & Toasted! / The Best & The Worst!

First, an apology to my followers ~ I am SO sorry I have not been consistently posting every day ~ the B&B biz has been kah-ray-zee lately!  To my new followers, ("Welcome!!") , my husband Chris and I own a B&B nestled in the Ozark mountains. Be sure to check it out in the right hand column of my Blog page and become a Facebook fan!

Don't misunderstand - I'm not complaining about how low season is slowly coming to an end - we're just busier than normal - again, "a good thing!" as Martha Stewart would say!

So tonight is the biggest entertainment event of the year!  The 83 Annual Academy Awards Ceremony, hosted by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, will be presented by James Franco and Anne Hathaway at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood.   ABC will air a live telecast at 8 p.m. ET.  Personally, I can't see Franco and Hathaway doing a better job  than Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin last year but, hey, that's just me!  http://www.nj.com/oscar-awards/index.ssf/2011/02/oscars_2011_james_franco_and_anne_hathaway_crank_up_the_charisma_as_hosts_watch_the_video.html

The first Academy Awards were officially presented at a black tie dinner at The Roosevelt on May 16, 1929.  It seems as though the "stage was set" for elegance on that date via the formal attire.  One would hope the stylish Oscar traditions would have continued throughout the years but...not so much!  There have been some Oscar fashion disasters to say the least!  How is it these A-List Actors have F-List fashion sense?!!?

My personal top three Oscar fashion disasters are:

 (1) Sally Kirkland's in 2007  ~ she looked like a hundred year old butterfly that had mated with a hundred year old vampire, tossed on a Dolly Parton wig, forgot to wear a bra and called it a day.  Just gross.

(2) Bjork in 2001 ~ I don't even know where to begin ...a swan dress?  I mean, come on.  I feel she personally desecrated the beautiful, elegant swan that year.  I firmly believe any children or tweens that were watching that fateful night in 2001 were permanently scarred.  I firmly believe mothers of these children or tweens had to spend hours explaining to their distressed offspring that, no, that was not a real dead swan wrapped around that lady's neck.  I mean, what did Marjan Pejoski's dress even MEAN?  What a complete and utter FAIL.

(3)  Faith Hill in 2001 ~ reminded me of a tie die t-shirt but worse. I wondered if her children had dipped her dress in three different pitches of Kook Aid.  I wondered if she had been drinking "special Kool Aid" when she was getting dressed that night.  Mostly, I wondered ....do you own a mirror?   Such a beautiful woman.  Such a talented woman.  Such a Oscar fashion disaster!  

These three were roasted & toasted!  They were some of the worst!  Hopefully, they each immediately fired their fashion consultants that evening!!...via phone while they were AT the Academy Awards!!  LOL!!
http://www.toofab.com/2011/02/23/oscars-academy-awards-fashion-disasters-worst-oscar-fashion-bjork-cher-photos/

So who's considered to have been Oscar fashion stars?  My personal top three Oscar fashion stars are:

(1) Sharon Stone in 1999 ~ no one else could pull off pairing a lavender Vera Wang ball skirt with a white Gap button down from her husband's closet!!! And I mean....NO ONE!!  This chick is beyond cool in my book - she not only made headlines but she made everyone's best dressed list!

(2) Audrey Hepburn in 1954 ~ when she accepted her Best Actress award for "Roman Holiday." She wore a sweet, floral adorned belted Givenchy gown and could not have looked more beautiful or more elegant.  Her classic, elegant style is still main stream today.

(3) Farrah Fawcett in 1978 ~ this was during the prime of "Charlie's Angels" and she was, of course, the "IT" girl married to the very handsome Lee Major.   Her dazzling smile, golden locks and all American California good looks were matched that evening with a slinky gold mesh drop-waist gown and shot her to stardom!

These three were some of the best!  Sadly, Audrey Hepburn and Farrah Fawcett are no longer with us.  Miss. Hepburn lost her battle with cancer on January 20, 1993 and Miss. Fawcett lost her three year battle with cancer on June 25, 2009.  Both truly beautiful and talented women.  I don't know if Miss. Stone plans on attending the Oscars tonight but if she does, I'm confident she will be an Oscar fashion star!

So what about tonight?  What do we have in store for us?  Who will be roasted & toasted?  Who will be the best and the worst?  Check out what PEOPLE magazine is saying!
http://www.peoplestylewatch.com/people/stylewatch/package/redcarpet/0,,20449766,00.html

So what about you?  Are you going to watch the Oscars tonight?  Are you going to have friends over to watch the Oscars tonight?  Are you having an Oscar themed watch party?  If so, what will you be wearing?  If so, what will you be serving?

Me?  Yes, I'll watch them.  No, we're not having friends over for an Oscar themed watch party - sounds fun though!  I'll be chillin' out in a cashmere sweater and yoga pants on the couch with Chris.  Who will be Roasted & Toasted tonight?  Who will be The Best & The Worst Tonight?   I don't know!  It's Greek to me!

However, food is a different story! I'm whippin' up an Oscar Best!!  Below is the menu!

OSCAR MENU
____________

To StArT: Sourdough toast points brushed with fresh roasted garlic and served with a fresh, diced organic grape tomato and English cucumber "salad."

To TeAsE:  Soft butter lettuce mixed with organic grape tomatoes, purple onion, organic Mediterranean capers, English cucumbers & Feta cheese - drizzled with my fresh, homemade oil free herb vinaigrette.

To EaT:  Butterflied Greek chicken served with fresh oregano couscous and topped with Kalamata olives and delicious Feta cheese.  I love Feta cheese!  :)

DeSsErT:  Organic strawberries topped with freshly whipped vanilla bean cream


You see anything you like?  You see anything you'd like a recipe for?  Give me a shout out!  Post a remark and let me know!  Let me know what YOU are going to be doing and wearing and serving tonight!

Always "Push The Parsley!"
~ A Girl Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment